26a- Celebrating Failure

Celebrating Failure

1)      One of the times I failed this semester was when I had completely forgotten to submit the URL and declare for the first elevator pitch of the year. I had woken up early Friday morning the day it was due to record and submit it. After I had finished recording it, I uploaded it YouTube. However, while the video was uploading I had completely forgot to paste the blogpost URL and declare for the assignment, so I wasn’t able to receive credit.

2)      Although Dr. Pryor allowed me to get credit for the assignment later due to the circumstances, I definitely felt as if I failed as a student. One of my only responsibilities in the class is to be sure assignments are submitted every single time, and I had failed at doing so. After this failure, I double check to be sure my assignments are submitted every week before noon every Friday, as a way to succeed in this class.

3)      Failure is not something that comes easy to me. It honestly makes me sick to my stomach sometimes and I have never been good at handling it. I am getting better at it however, I am starting to try the approach of using stress and failure as a means of improving yourself and allowing yourself growth, as I had once watched it in a TED Talk. I definitely feel as if this class has taught me that failure is a relative term. Entrepreneurs are ultimately destined to fail, in some way. True success comes from one’s ability to cope with their failure and turn it into success, for this is the only true way in which one could have realized and emotional success.

Comments

  1. Hey Jake,
    I really like the point you made in #3. It does seem like we are designed to fail, and failure and mistakes are a part of life. the most successful people never fail and/or give up. Look at Dan Bilzeran. he failed navy seal training 3 times but kept trying. After all that failure he started gambling, and failed even more there. Now he is the new Hugh Hephner and an icon to entrepreneurs around the world. Loved the post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

30a- Final Reflection