30a- Final Reflection

Final Reflection
1) I read through all of my posts- a real tear jerker.

2)      What sticks out to me as my most formative experience from ENT3003 is definitely the first elevator pitch. Not only was this my first time doing one, I found it extremely fun to do and actually very informative. I never realized before Elevator Pitches were a real thing, so it was cool to be able to make one of my own. However, the experience I was most proud of for accomplishing was the Venture Concept 1, as this is when all of the ideas I have learned in this class really took fruition and combined into one assignment.

3)      Although I don’t truly feel like an entrepreneur yet, I feel I have truly developed more of an entrepreneurial mindset. I feel way more comfortable with the idea of failure and the ways in which I can move past it in stride. For this reason, I think I have moved closer to developing my own entrepreneurial mindset. Failure is inherently a part of entrepreneurship, and being able to accept this notion and find how to work around it to build success to me screams entrepreneurship, and I feel I have developed way more in doing so.

4)      The one recommendation I have for students is to: DO YOUR ASSIGNMENTS EARLY. There are several reasons for this, the first being that if students can get as far ahead in this class as they can, they will be completely done by the time finals come around, and that is just one less thing to be worrying about. In addition to this, it helps avoid the problem I had earlier in the semester which was failing to declare for an assignment that I ACTUALLY DID. So, by submitting early and staying on top of things, not only will they avoid stupid mistakes such as mine, they will also develop the mindset by staying on top of their game and ahead of the curve.


Image result for healthy burrito bowl The picture to the left shows what one of the products my restaurant would offer, one of the first menu choices I came up with. (It's delicious)

Comments

  1. Hi Jake!
    I also hadn’t known what an elevator pitch was before I took this class. I agree that the biggest tip is to do your assignments early. It can help you get more from the assignments because you are able to think them over longer and give more effort, and also reduces a lot of unnecessary stress that comes with waiting until the last minute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jake,
    The elevator pitches for me personally have been a game changer for me throughout this course. In the beginning of the course I was very nervous and shy about the elevator pitches, but as the course went on I definitely felt more comfortable largely due to the reassurance of my group mates who made this course very accepting. Furthermore, the tips you gave to the upcoming students were really valuable and guarantee success.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment