18A- Avatar
My prototypical customer is shown above. His name is James and is a 22 year old Business Finance major studying at the University of Florida. He is extremely interested in school, and makes sure he excels in his classes to prepare himself for a future beyond school. However, that does not mean he lacks a social life. He is known by many students on campus, and he is often found with a blue slushee in his hand at Fat Daddy's. He has many hobbies, including basketball and golf. His true passion however, is lifting weights and being healthy. He cannot walk into Southwest Recreation without seeing at least five people he knows, and he makes it known that he is there to better himself. He is not one of those hard-o gym rats, but he spends at least 2 hours on his workout, often accompanied by his girlfriend. Both enjoy being healthy and fit, and they are there to push each other to be better. She exemplifies many of the things he holds in high regard, and as crazy as it is he has fallen in love in college. After their lift, they do some cardio together and walk out to his BMW to have a healthy, home cooked dinner. His favorite meal to cook with his girlfriend are BBQ pork steaks, with a side of white rice and asparagus, and luckily for him, she likes it as much as he does. While eating, they often find themselves watching The Office, or their newest hit Chernobyl. James is an all around happy guy, he appreciates his time in college and realizes it won't last forever, so makes sure he takes a step back every now and then to soak it in. There are not many things that upset him, and he tries to appreciate the smaller things in life while still thinking big picture, and he contributes his happiness to this concept. James is liked by many and this is something James prides himself upon, what is the point of existing if you are not there to be a positive energy? This is James, and James is the exact type of person I would want eating at my restaurant.
I have a lot in common with James. In fact the more I wrote the more I began to see the parallels between myself and him. (We even kind of look alike if you compare the pictures above)
I think this stems from the fact that I would like people like myself to be dining in my restaurant. I have learned more about myself at my time at UF than I have in the other 18 years of my life, and I have come to realize how much I have changed in the last four years. Now more than ever, I appreciate my current situation in life and I would want my prototypical customers to exemplify this concept as well. I appreciate all forms of health, both physical and mental. My customers would be exploring the physical part by eating a meal that is delicious and healthy, yet I would still want them to explore the mental aspect through being happy and taking a step back and appreciating the small things. This is what James does. This is what I do.
Hi Jake,
ReplyDeleteI can relate to your prototypical customer being a lot like yourself. While i was writing my prototypical customer, he was a lot like me. I think this is the case because I notice opportunities that pertain to me alot more than the opportunities that affect others. Furthermore, the detail and information you included allowed your post to be complete and very well done. Good Job.