Assignment 8A

Solving the Problem

The opportunity that I have identified is providing UF on-campus students and faculty a healthy restaurant option to account for the apparent lack in healthy options on campus. The solution to this opportunity is simple, provide UF campus a restaurant that serves high protein, low fat foods to the members of the University of Florida community who refuse to settle for the fast food chains and poor quality dining hall food that "swamps" The Swamp. By opening up a restaurant that provides healthy meals at low cost, in addition to having a good location on campus, I will solve the problem of being forced to eat an unhealthy or processed meal when on UF campus because the option to eat at a healthy restaurant will finally be available. I have several different meals and ideas for a successful restaurant in mind. First, I will come up with "base" meals that I know are healthy by calculating macro-nutrient counts, preparation of the food, and freshness. For example, I will have a base meal consisting of chicken in several different preparations, a carb "base" of the customers choosing, and a vegetable side, and then allow my customers to customize their meal however they feel fit. In addition to this, I will provide the option of delivering anywhere on campus, for ease of the customer as well as a low cost way of boosting potential clientele by having the deliverers bike around, also adding to the image of a healthy restaurant. Numerous people would like to be able to eat a healthy meal if they so choose, unfortunately that option is not truly available on UF campus, and my restaurant would change this norm.

Comments

  1. Hey Jake, I love the idea about opening a healthy food restaurant on our campus. Healthy food at a low cost would definitely bring the attention of many students, teachers, and staff. I think the option of delivering to students anywhere on campus is also a great idea. This could attract more customers and expand business. Also being able to track the calories and macro nutrients would be smart for business. Many fitness enthusiasts or people trying to lose weight would benefit from this. Great post and ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jake,

    I think it is awesome that you are thinking about the core, the tangible and the augmented! Having the delivery of orders by bicycle makes a ton of sense! Here in Germany, Dominoes delivers by scooters! I laughed at first, but it really is a smart idea. Traffic can be heavy here and the scooters can swoop in and out. They save money on gas and you get your order quick. With you bicycle delivery method, you are promoting a healthy lifestyle while getting around campus quickly. Really smart thinking!

    Your menu break-down for base and up is innovative. I think you are onto something there.

    V/r,

    Elizabeth Fullwood

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jake,

    I am sure you have heard of the freshman 15. Much of this comes from kids saying, "i guess we can have chicfila again". Your idea of a cheap and healthy restaurant on campus could be just what everyone wants. The only issue i saw is that I feel that UF would not approve the deliveries. They may not want to have workers riding everywhere as a safety and insurance issue. Overall I think with more research and elaboration this could be on campus very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi jake.
    I agree with the overall idea of healthier food establishments. With the ever increasing fast food productions on campus, a healthier alternative is very much needed. There is a high demand for a place like that on campus. Furthermore, I firmly believe that students will pay more for this kind of alternative. Great idea and I look forward to you potentially pursuing this opportunity.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

30a- Final Reflection